Thursday, January 12, 2012

I'm Applying for Digital Project Manager

So, some of you might be wondering what exactly is going on here. I can understand that. All of a sudden this random guy shows up and decides he's going to launch a big website campaign designed so show off his SEO and social media skills, right?

What a nutjob!

OK, I'll explain. I'm applying for the position of Digital Project Manager with Erica Ehm's Yummy Mummy Club. This is a fantastic organization that features a website devoted to information and entertainment for moms everywhere.

Moms?

Yup. Moms. Now, being a single, mostly work-at-home dad myself, I'm not the sort to let a little thing like gender get in the way of following some killer recipes and parenting advice. Heck, the advice alone is worth its weight in gold; and believe me, without some kind of support network even being a dad is a rough affair. This site is absolutely priceless in terms of its overall value to parents, whether moms or dads.

And that's the #1 reason I want to work there. It's fun. It's a great vibe. And it means something.

There's your answer. I want this job. While I've already applied by traditional means (cover letter and resume), this campaign is designed to show them what I can do. It's a one-week campaign to build traffic, social engagement, and an audience. The job listing closes on Jan. 22, so this campaign will close Jan. 21 at midnight. At that time, I'll pull down all the metrics I can and load them up into a full-blown report.

What You Can Do

Here's how you can help:

1. Follow me on Twitter, "Like" the Facebook page, click the "Follow" link over in the sidebar (if you have a Google account), subscribe to the YouTube channel, and sign up for the newsletter (it's free...and I won't spam you much :) ).
2. Share. Retweet. Invite your friends. Share items on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment